Thus Spoke Zarathustra


I am reading Nietzsche’s Thus Spoke Zarathustra. She is certainly more than a book. She is more like an enigma. Anyone who dares to read her earnestly can experience a powerful spell cast by her mysterious aphorisms. The first thing which I noticed about her is that this book can’t be read indoors just because she is not just a thing to be read. Rather, she has a life of her own and one can only be a friend or enemy of her. And some solitary soul like mine can also fall in love with her. Yes, I am indeed in love with her. And our rendezvous only takes place whenever I am under the open sky where my eyes converse with widest horizons and breezes gently play with my limbs. Where birds are singing and flowers are blooming with the greatest joy. Nothing more can be said for true Love always loves to be silent. Here is the quote which is closest to my heart:

Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent- that’s what wisdom wants us to be; she is a woman, and always loves only a warrior.

Comments

  1. i have seen this book lying in library many a times. once i even asked for it but couldnt get it for some reason. I hope to read it in near future. it would be a nice read for bedtime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burden- ਮਨਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਾਂਗ ਰਚਿਤ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਭਾਰ- ਇਕ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਕੈਟ ਦੀ ਗਾਥਾ ਦਾ ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ

ਆਧੁਨਿਕਤਾ, ਬਰਬਰਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ

ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੇ ਖੱਬੇਪੱਖੀ ਚਿੰਤਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਕਟ