Commenting on some comments

1.
For love at first appeared easy, but difficulties have occurred

Which difficulties?
What are the difficulties confronted by love?
Can there be any love without difficulties?

Love is that which is always difficult. But it has the appearance of being easy, in the beginning at least. This is what is believed by the celebrated love poet Hafiz. I would like to speculate a little longer on the difficulties of love:

Time and Space

These are the two paramount difficulties experienced by love, or by his victims. Time fleets too quickly when they are together and distance tortures them when they are not together.

Time and Space are the two beings which are most enigmatic of all beings. Because they are and are not at the same time. They are the most real of all beings, yet they have no real existence.

Love is the third most enigmatic being of all beings.

Wait! Is it a being at all?

Am thinking...........

It is

and

its not.

Thats the whole story.

Life is sustained by the enigmatic trio of Love, Time and Space.

Love, which blooms in Time and Space, is also haunted by the duo.

What is to be done then?

To Love beyond Space and Time?

No

That would be simply metaphysics.

Then what?

To shoot Space and Time with love, not to kill them, but to redeem them.

Perhaps...............................

2.
That's why it is said that one should not walk with head held high up in the sky coz when one falls, you fall with your face hitting the ground.

Another cliche of folk wisdom. But its route of coming is not strange enough.

3.
May be it is good time to weigh the darkness and light within your own self. I am using my solitude just to examine if darkness and light balance equally within the spaces in my mind, body, and soul.

This comment is intentionally made anonymous.

But I must disclose the identity of its poster(ess).

Guessing.....................

It must be by H.

Because she is musing these days about the positivity of darkness.

Its really wonderful.

She is starting to transcend the metaphysical binaries of light and darkness.

What has made her done so valorous a deed?

Her encounter with her own solitude.

She has enigmatically talked about the spaces of her own body, mind and soul.

These spaces must be inhabited by the third (non)being.

Then only can the darkness of flesh start to radiate with the light of desire.




4.
hmmm I know it's a though situation and most of us go through it but thats just the start!!! welcome to foreign country...lolzzz I know that's the toughest part of your life when you have to survive and work hard to earn money and study at the same time....huh always remember God is wid you!!! may waheguru bless you and give you the spirit to fight the circumstances :) Gurfateh Veerji
A.

Your prayers will be my loyal companions during this fight.

What is it to pray for an unknown (br)other.?

It is the one result of living in the nearness of Ardaas.

5.
"Socrates....produced a wonderful hermeneutic disturbance--until Athens swatted him out, which is often the fate visited upon radical hermeneuts."

Who knows that I share the same fate with Socrates?

No one knows, perhaps.

All I know is this:

Radical Hermeneutics is a risky business.

K. has seen traces of this dangerous species in my ramblings.

She must have a keen eye (if her guess is true!)

Socrates, Radical hermeneutics, John D. Caputo and me

Its a indeed a dangerous combination.

What makes this bunch of names so dangerous?

The fifth element

which is invisible






Derrida.



6.
As I was writing this entry, I have received another comment on my previous post.
I will comment on it while qouting selections. You can see the whole comment there.

Relationships with others are mere reflections of relationships with ourselves.

Philosophically speaking, this amounts to solipsism

But I would rather chose to speak non-philosophically today.

Is there any possibility of Love if the other has no real existence?

If the other is a mere shadow of our own selves?

What is Love if the loved one is only an appearance?

We will have to say that in such a case Love is only an illusion.

What my anonymous friend is presupposing is that the unity is a given.

Unity is not a given my dear friend.

It is achieved.

You say:

Take away the bodies, and the soul remains…….. and can be seen as part of the ONE.

Please don't get stuck into Vedanta.

It is a Loveless creature who has abandoned prayer.

Love your body, and you will find that you are loving your soul.

Remember that American lover WW.





It is part of my prayer for you.

7.

No.

This shell(body) is not "a mere barrier between the realization of the self as a part of the one".

The Guru said that this shell is rare and even the gods yearn for this shell.

It is not a barrier, but a means of union.

There is a lot of difference between "realization of the self as part of the one" and union of the self in Him whom she loves.

The former is the way of the intellect and the latter is the way of the heart.

He, who loves us with his infinite love and whom we must love with all our hearts, does not draw near him our souls only, but also our bodies,

and whenever he decides to draw a body closer to him,

then what occurs on earth is called

Shahadat

Comments

  1. I understand that our bodies are a necessary vehicle to self-realization. I was speaking from another perspective. All i was trying to say was that the soul within and the divine soul are separated by a thin wall...our body. Once one unites with the divine soul one realizes that one is a part of that soul and that the body was a mere vehicle. Maybe i am not clear in how I write..... just trying to say one soul ... many forms.....all a part of a bigger ocean.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time, Space, Love......

    A VALEDICTION FORBIDDING MOURNING.
    by John Donne


    As virtuous men pass mildly away,
    And whisper to their souls to go,
    Whilst some of their sad friends do say, The
    breath goes now, and some say, No:

    So let us melt, and make no noise,
    No tear-floods, nor sigh-tempests move;
    'Twere profanation of our joys
    To tell the laity our love.

    Moving of th' earth brings harms and fears,
    Men reckon what it did, and meant;
    But trepidation of the spheres,
    Though greater far, is innocent.

    Dull sublunary lovers' love
    (Whose soul is sense) cannot admit
    Absence, because it doth remove
    Those things which elemented it.

    But we, by a love so much refined That
    ourselves know not what it is,
    Inter-assurèd of the mind,
    Care less eyes, lips and hands to miss.

    Our two souls therefore, which are one,
    Though I must go, endure not yet
    A breach, but an expansion,
    Like gold to airy thinness beat.

    If they be two, they are two so As stiff
    twin compasses are two;
    Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
    To move, but doth, if th' other do.

    And though it in the center sit,
    Yet, when the other far doth roam,
    It leans, and hearkens after it,
    And grows erect, as that comes home.

    Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
    Like th' other foot, obliquely run;
    Thy firmness makes my circle just,
    And makes me end where I begun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5. Although dangerous, this species of thought is certainly the most fragrant – the most beautiful indeed. What is so compelling about this thought? It allows one to love uninhibitedly – honestly and without the residual dark mask that looms perpetually overhead, visible to the other yet hidden from the self: the id.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment about weighing darkness and light was by me. The origin of this comment lies in my lucid dream about a plane standing still 40,000 miles above Pacific Ocean.
    The origin of my lucid dream is my thoughts about dark matter. One day I was just thinking about dark matter. Of course, I thought in the absence of gravity how can a matter exist or how can gravity exist or create any action in a space where there is nothing? This thought is parallel to – how can creator exist in creation or creation in creator?
    Yes, I waste my solitude thinking about unseen. But then again, so far in my life, the things I can feel/see have not given me peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi H.,
    I dont think that you are wasting your solitude thinking about the unseen. What drives you to do so is your very experiences in life. The experiences, which you think, are not very pleasant or which are simply unable to give any peace of mind.
    Just as darkness can't be entirely nagative, painful experiences are also not the things to be avoided. As a muslim mystic poet Rumi has said,
    "If you are afraid of scratches, how do you expect the mirror of your mind to be cleaned".
    On the day of my first air travel, I realised that the experience of earth which we have while living on the earth is very different from the one which we get from above. Thats why many prophets and spiritual men have used the metaphor of height to describe the divine experience. What is manifesting through your dream is yearning for a different experience. Your life is demanding to take a different trajectory.
    Listen to this call and try to follow as far as you can.
    I am pretty sure that wonderful blossoms are waiting for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway,

    Why are you being anonymous, when I know your identity.
    However, I am more than willing to respect your desire for anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do like that quote by Rumi. I wish I could read and write Arabic to understand essence of his mystical experiences. English translations rarely do justify the original sentiments behind these longings for Beloved. I don’t avoid painful experiences, but I do wish I can embrace them as enthusiastically as my joyful experiences. You don’t know my identity and I don’t know why you would like to know about my true identity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you very well.
    You are H.
    But I dont want to disclose your identity, thats why I am using only the first letter of your name.
    In order to answer your question that why I would like to know your true identity, I will have to write a whole new post on my blog.
    This question of identity so near to my heart.
    The desire of learning arabic in order to create a relationship with Rumi by a modern sikh girl living in the western part of the world is a sign that future still has many wonderful gifts for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name does not start with letter H. Yes, my grandfather's name does start with letter H. I hope I have not forgotten my own name. I will say though it is possible with me.
    Future will always have wonderful gifts for life (regardless what good/bad a human being can do on this earth) I am not sure if same assertion will be true for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way
    no way

    I cannot beleive it.

    I think you have forgotten the name of your 'true self', which starts with H.
    Maybe, all these 'coincidents' were devised for reminding you of your 'true name'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The truth about one man implies the truth for whole of Humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truth about humanity does not implies the truth about life.
    I think all these coincidences did remind me about my grandfather. He died 31 years before I was born.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the truth about Love do imply for life.

    Are they two?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am I allowed to ponder this over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ki ho gya..why did you delete your latest post??? coz of my comment??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been observing your blog since months....but now that you are in Canada..but still you didn't change your location?? why is that so...is it that you don't wanna represent this alien continent or you didn't get time to change it????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first question is answerable and I ve already taken action on the second one.
    It will spare me so much pain if you can shun your anonymity.
    But it is entirely upto you. I can't force you to disclose yourself, because inspite of giving pain it breaks the hold of narcissism upon me.

    My blog has given me so much,

    including lots of pain,

    which too I welcome with a weeping heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I meant unanswerable in the first line of previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. “Blogging is a kind of beautiful narcissism.”
    But…
    “ A comment is like a savior who saves blogging from falling pray to its own narcissism.”
    It is a truth….
    But in these lines, Is here existing “The bitterness of truth.”
    I think…No…Not at all…
    When anonymous tries to post a comment on any blog, he/she itself disclosing his/her anonymity through his/her philosophical comments. Now it depends upon the realization of the Blogger. Blogger should concentrate on the ecstacy of the comment,not on the identity of the visitor. The relation of Blogger and Anonymous visitor is like…..Lots of butterflies are visitng on the flower and flower is giving his love without knowing anyone. This speechless creature is not interested in true identity of his visitors,but itself he knows their true identity.
    So for anonymous visitors…..
    “The blog is like a savior who saves the visitor from falling pray to its own narcissism.”
    So from the above,the real truth is SILENCE.
    But it is the most disadvantageous for a Blogger and also for a visitor.
    So the Truth..
    “When life does not find a singer to her heart she produces a Philosopher to speak her mind.”
    THE REAL TRUTH…
    “idl dI qKqI ayuqy
    ieko hrP “AlP”dw iliKAw
    ieko aKr mOlw vwlw
    AsW murSd kolo isiKAw
    Ieho swfw pihlw AKr
    Ieho hrP AKIrI
    Ies qoM ibnW muriSd ny swnUM
    hor hrP nw disAw

    I am not a blogger, also not philosopher.
    So I donot know is it true or not?as speaking my mind.so you please do not mind for this.
    May Waheguru shower his blessings on whole humanity so that we all can sing by our hearts.

    anonymou(S.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. THE REAL TRUTH....
    "ਦਿਲ ਦੀ ਤਖਤੀ ਉੱਤੇ

    ਇਕੋ ਹਰਫ "ਅਲਫ"ਦਾ ਲਿਖਿਆ

    ਇਕੋ ਅੱਖਰ ਮੌਲਾ ਵਾਲਾ

    ਅਸਾਂ ਮੁਰਸ਼ਦ ਕੋਲੋ ਸਿਖਿਆ

    ਇਹੋ ਸਾਡਾ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਅਖਰ

    ਇਹੋ ਹਰਫ ਅਖੀਰੀ

    ਇਸ ਤੋੰ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਮੁਰਸ਼ਿਦ ਨੇ ਸਾਨੂੰ

    ਹੋਰ ਹਰਫ ਨਾ ਦਸਿਆ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi anonymou(S.),

    It is better to be a sincere philospher than a bad singer.

    I will talk more about the 'ecstacy of the comment' very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. har kasê az Zann-é khwad shod yâr-é man
    az darûn-é man na-joft asrâr-é man

    [Everyone became my friend from his (own) opinion; he did
    not seek my secrets from within me.]

    -Mawlana Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats why Aristotle said:

    Oh my friends! there is no friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burden- ਮਨਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਾਂਗ ਰਚਿਤ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਭਾਰ- ਇਕ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਕੈਟ ਦੀ ਗਾਥਾ ਦਾ ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ

ਆਧੁਨਿਕਤਾ, ਬਰਬਰਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ

ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੇ ਖੱਬੇਪੱਖੀ ਚਿੰਤਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਕਟ