Rumi Poem, Iranian Music and Divine Longing

Comments

  1. i love the tune..it's so different and has a calming effect..never heard of it before...thanks!
    ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Agony and Ecstasy
    The Agony and Ecstasy of Divine Discontent:
    The Moods of Rumi



    In the orchard and rose garden

    I long to see your face.

    In the taste of Sweetness

    I long to kiss your lips.

    In the shadows of passion

    I long for your love.



    Oh! Supreme Lover!

    Let me leave aside my worries.

    The flowers are blooming
    with the exultation of your Spirit.



    By Allah!

    I long to escape the prison of my ego

    and lose myself
    in the mountains and the desert.



    These sad and lonely people tire me.

    I long to revel in the drunken frenzy of your love
    and feel the strength of Rustam in my hands.



    I’m sick of mortal kings.

    I long to see your light.

    With lamps in hand
    the sheiks and mullahs roam
    the dark alleys of these towns
    not finding what they seek.



    You are the Essence of the Essence,

    The intoxication of Love.

    I long to sing your praises
    but stand mute
    with the agony of wishing in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. âtesh-ast în bâng-é nây-o nêst bâd
    har-ke în âtesh na-dâr-ad nêst bâd
    [The reed's cry is fire -- it's not wind! Whoever doesn't have this fire, may he be nothing!

    âtesh-é `ishq-ast k-andar nây fotâd
    jôshesh-é `ishq-ast k-andar may fotâd
    [t is the fire of Love that fell into the reed. (And) it is the ferment of Love that fell into the wine.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love."

    -Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam

    ReplyDelete
  5. ਸੰਝ ਦੇ ਪੀਲੇ ਦੀਪ ਜਿਹਾ ਮੈਂ,

    ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਚਮਕੇ ਹੋ ਸੋਨ-ਸਵੇਰਾ,

    ਤੇਰੇ ਮਸਤ ਤੀਰ ਨੇ ਖੁੱਭ ਕੇ,

    ਰੰਗਿਆ ਲੂੰ-ਲੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ,

    Hafiz(While leaving Iran)

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burden- ਮਨਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਾਂਗ ਰਚਿਤ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਭਾਰ- ਇਕ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਕੈਟ ਦੀ ਗਾਥਾ ਦਾ ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ

ਆਧੁਨਿਕਤਾ, ਬਰਬਰਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ

ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੇ ਖੱਬੇਪੱਖੀ ਚਿੰਤਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਕਟ