Who Am I?



How funny it is that people who know me think that they know me.

Comments

  1. u r looking like daku Ala singh :p
    ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ode to a Friend.

    The secret self…….


    http://humanconditionexamined.blogspo
    t.com/2007/02/jacques-derrida-on-kier
    kegaardian.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fateh Kamalpreet ji,

    Thanks for the great video.
    The self is not alien to others only. Its a secret for me too.
    The "I" of me is most alien an incomprehensible thing I have come across in this life.

    It is precisely this "I" which prevents me from meeting with my own intimate "I".

    I was looking from past few days what Derrida has said on the Secret.
    Thanks for sharing the video again. I am also looking for his texts on secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ~A~,

    Thanks for your comment.

    However, who knows that its me and not somenone else.
    The identity of my "I" is as elusive to me as to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You" ! "I"
    "I" ! "You"

    Life is "!"

    Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know its u from ur eyes coz i am a very good abserver...hehe
    ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think part of the reason is having a blog where often times people who have no idea of how you truly feel or have lived your life, read what one writes and make assumption...sometimes these assumptions makes me wonder if writing on platform that is accessible to all is worth it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is how Rumi says it:

    sirr-é man az nâla-yé man dûr nêst
    lêk chashm-o gôsh-râ ân nûr nêst

    tan ze-jân-o jân ze-tan mastûr nêst
    lêk kas-râ dîd-é jân dastûr nêst


    [My secret is not far from my lament, but eyes and ears do not
    have the light (to sense it).

    The body is not hidden from the soul, nor the soul from the body;
    but seeing the soul is not permitted.]

    ReplyDelete
  9. And Ghalib says:

    nah thaa kuchh to ;khudaa thaa kuchh nah hotaa to ;khudaa hotaa
    ;Duboyaa mujh ko hone ne, nah hotaa main to kyaa hotaa

    [when there was nothing, then God was; if nothing existed, then God would exist
    'being' drowned me; if I did not exist, then so what?]

    huaa jab ;Gam se yuu;N be-;his to ;Gam kyaa sar ke kaTne kaa
    nah hotaa gar judaa tan se to zaanuu par dharaa hotaa

    [when it became senseless like this with grief, then {what's the harm / what grief} if the head is cut off?
    if it were not separated from the body, then it would rest on the knees]

    huyee muddat kih ;Ghalib mar gayaa par yaad aataa hai
    vuh har ik baat par kahnaa kih yuun hotaa to kyaa hotaa

    [it's been quite a while since Ghalib died, but [I] remember
    his saying about every single thing, If it were so, then what would be/happen?]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rumi says.........

    Am and I Am Not

    I’m drenched
    in the flood
    which has yet to come
    I’m tied up
    in the prison
    which has yet to exist
    Not having played
    the game of chess
    I’m already the checkmate
    Not having tasted
    a single cup of your wine
    I’m already drunk
    Not having entered
    the battlefield
    I’m already wounded and slain
    I no longer
    know the difference
    between image and reality
    Like the shadow
    I am
    And
    I am not...

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At last you have departed and gone to the Unseen.
    What marvelous route did you take from this world?
    Beating your wings and feathers, you broke free from this cage.
    Rising up to the sky you attained the world of the soul...
    As a lovesick nightingale, you flew among the owls.
    Then came the scent of the rose garden and you flew off to meet the Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burden- ਮਨਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਾਂਗ ਰਚਿਤ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਭਾਰ- ਇਕ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਕੈਟ ਦੀ ਗਾਥਾ ਦਾ ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ

ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੇ ਖੱਬੇਪੱਖੀ ਚਿੰਤਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਕਟ

ਆਧੁਨਿਕਤਾ, ਬਰਬਰਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ