The Dark is Rising



The dark is rising
All the gods have fled
and Nihilism reigns.

Life itself
is bent upon
committing suicide.

Criminality glows
and blood
Sparkles.

My heart
bursted
long ago.

And Brain
is poisoning
day by day.

I can see
Angelic eyes
Still weeping.

The Innocence
The Beauty
And the Cruelty!

I ask
Am I still living?
Should I live?

After Him
Who can dare
to live?

I am lying
neither fully dead
no longer alive.

Senses are numb
Only a whisper
in my ears.

Love
blooms,
even if
there is
no one
to love.

Comments

  1. dil mirā soz-e nihāñ se be-muḥābā jal gayā
    ātish-e ḳhāmosh ke mānind goyā jal gayā

    my heart burned unceremoniously with hidden flame speaking like a 'silent fire', it burned

    dil meñ żauq-e vaṣl-o-yād-e yār tak bāqī nahīñ
    āg is ghar meñ lagī aisī kih jo thā jal gayā

    in the heart not even taste/relish for union and memory of the beloved remain
    fire so seized this house that whatever was, burned
    -Mirza Ghalib

    ReplyDelete
  2. veerji hun ki hogya thunu? why r u sad!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. ਮਨੁ ਪਰਦੇਸੀ ਜੇ ਥੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਦੇਸੁ ਪਰਾਇਆ ॥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I know that it is too late to post a comment on this post.I used to visit your blog regularly.But somehow....i cant..I had asked you to write a poem on this picture.You had done it.It is sad poetry but still with beautiful hope at the end.You had found this picture.Nice!!!Both pictures are the same.In last picture,one can view total darkness.But in this one,see the blossoming rose.
    A hope for life/love!!!
    So it depends on one's views to how to see the life.
    This rose signifies that one can definitly wait for the return of Angel's soul in her dead body with complete passion.
    I believe....Imagination definitly turns to the reality.
    "Love Blooms."
    Anonymou(S.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burden- ਮਨਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਾਂਗ ਰਚਿਤ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਭਾਰ- ਇਕ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਕੈਟ ਦੀ ਗਾਥਾ ਦਾ ਅੰਗਰੇਜੀ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ

ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੇ ਖੱਬੇਪੱਖੀ ਚਿੰਤਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਕਟ

ਆਧੁਨਿਕਤਾ, ਬਰਬਰਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ